Our lovely poinsettia + nian gao.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 lb. of glutinous rice powder (usually found in any Asian grocery store)
1) Crack the eggs into the bowl.
2) Put the remaining of the ingredients into the bowl.
3) Blend the ingredients in the bowl with the electric whisk (I just did it by manual whisk) for 5 mins.
4) Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat the oven at 350°F for 2 mins.
6) Oil the cake pan along its bottom and sides.
7) Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
8) With a rubber spatula, evenly distribute the mixture.
9) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
10) Take out the cake and let it cool for 5 minutes.
11) Use the bread knife and cut into rectangles.
Deliciousness that can only be captured on macro setting. ahha.