Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the beginning of my dream career...

Hi Everyone!
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the rest of summer or the start of a new academic year! I just wanted to send you a facebook link of my album so far of pictures I've taken at med school- it's not quite as good as a blog but I thought you'd all appreciate seeing my views of Pittsburgh, my new condo, and the new friends I have made here.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2061893&l=81324&id=702648

We just finished up our first two weeks- first we had a week of orientation (filled with logistics and diversity training during the day, and fun social events at night), and then a week of "Introduction to Being a Physician" a light course where we got to hear panels of physicians talk and learn about a new disease each day and meet patients in our small group sessions to interview them. We got to wear our white coat almost everyday this past week, it was pretty nice to get a taste of what we have to look forward to the next four years.
The most recent highlight was today, when Mirat (my roommate) and I hosted a big dinner party for vegetarians/vegans/and our allies. Our medical school class is actually 17% non meat eating, which is really neat- so about 25 or so of our classmates came and we had a really wonderful potluck. :) Tomorrow our class goes white-water rafting, something I'm really excited about! Monday we dig in and begin anatomy!

I would love to hear about what is going on in your lives, so please keep me updated!

Love, Jessica

No comments: