Friday, June 29, 2007

My 21st Birthday in India!


Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday! I was suprised early, around 12:30am on my birthday while in the middle of watching a Bollywood movie with Christina and Julie.


Sony, Yamilee, Musheer, and Dharani burst into my room with a lovely tier of napkin hats spelling out "Happy Birthday Jessica!". On the tray was also two cups of delicious vanilla icecream (my favorite treat here in India) with wooden spoons with the numbers 2 and 1 on them. I had the same amount of candles on each respective icecream as well. :)


In India there is a tradition of birthday bumps in which the lucky girl/boy is physically hit/kicked as many years as he is old. I was luckily spared this tradition.


We visited the Deepalaya during the day and worked on entering our collected data and defining our study objective but by nightful we were all ready for a break.


My team was awesome and found a nice restaurant/club where I could celebrate called "Pebble Street" (http://www.pebble-street.com/). We ventured there safely and I had an absolutely great time. The food, drinks, and music where fantastic as was the company. I felt right at home in India!



Me, Julie, Christina, and Catherine dressed nicely :)

Yamilee, Catherine, and Dharani being goofy

Sony, Julie, Me and Christina

No comments: