Thursday, November 03, 2005

so the boys next door like to call me "squirrel killer" because I told them about the time I ran over a squirrel in highschool (not my fault, it was the squirrel's choice).
Kenny sent me this hilarious article today via email: I felt it necessary to share.

Electrocuted Squirrel Starts Grass Fire

Mon Oct 31, 7:06 PM ET

An electric lineman believes a squirrel started a grass fire Monday after the critter was
electrocuted and fell from a power line onto parched ground.

It's been more than a month since significant amounts of rain have fallen in central
Mississippi, though some showers were expected late Monday. Burn bans are in effect in
this Jackson suburb and many other nearby communities.

Passing motorists saw a flash and heard a loud pop, then saw ashes falling from the power
line. The spark ignited a grassfire, which spread to nearby pine trees and charred a
fence. Byram volunteer firefighters responded within minutes.

An Entergy lineman arrived as the flames were extinguished and found the probable cause
of the fire — the squirrel's charred body.

One of the motorists, Calvin Russell told Jackson's WLBT-TV: "I'm a country boy, so I'm
thinking dinner time."



and...week from hell is almost over!

No comments: